Betsy Dewey is the founder of the Freedom Junkie Radio podcast.
She is an author, speaker, prepper, rugged individualist, risk taker, Constitutionalist, former Libertarian Congressional candidate, and freedom advocate who thrives outside her comfort zone. She champions the power of individual freedom – living off grid, growing your own food, having your children at home, schooling them at home, taking charge of your health, education and wealth, setting yourself financially free, and living the life of your dreams. She is also a professional musician in Austin, TX – fiddle player and singer/songwriter with a new release called We Can Agree.
Betsy graduated from Vanderbilt University and continued on for her Master’s degree in Romance Languages, yet went on to become a professional fiddler and singer/songwriter. Betsy and her husband have been serial entrepreneurs, starting, buying, building, and selling multiple businesses.
In the midst of all of this, in 2011, baby still in her arms, Betsy watched closely as Congress passed the NDAA, in which language stated that American citizens could now be “detained indefinitely” on mere suspicion of terrorism.
The fact that Americans’ Constitutional right to a fair trial was now undone, Betsy joined a political party for the first time in her life and, and ran for Congress as a Libertarian.
She has since been on a mission to have freedom permeate every aspect of our lives.
Our guest today is Betsy Dewey. Betsy is the founder of the Freedom Junkie Radio podcast.
She is an author, speaker, prepper, rugged individualist, risk taker, Constitutionalist, and former Libertarian Congressional candidate.
Betsy is a freedom-advocate who thrives outside her comfort zone, and who champions the power of individual freedom.
She is also a professional musician in Austin, TX – fiddle player and singer/songwriter with a new release called We Can Agree.
1) Why are the Constitution and the Second Amendment so important to you?
2) What is your Second Amendment journey? Did you grow up with firearms in your parent’s home?
3) You have a gun range and you use that range to convert anti-gun people into gun owners… tell us about that.
4) Why did you choose to start your podcast called Freedom Junkie Radio?
5) What’s the most exciting thing you’ve noticed since starting Freedom Junkie Radio and interviewing people for the show?
6) You’ve got a new song out called “We Can Agree” (What’s in the V?) Where can people find it?