Charlie Cook is the host of Riding Shotgun With Charlie and the award winning “Blogger of the Year” who has gone viral with his #GunGram videos series where he plays the trumpet and shoots his gun at the same time and in rhythm to the music.
Charlie Cook is certified instructor by the NRA, Massachusetts State Police and the Utah BCI. His YouTube channel is titled “Riding Shotgun With Charlie” and features him conducting interviews behind the wheel while riding in various locations around the country with his “shotgun riding” passengers, which have included Massad Ayoob, Alan Gottlieb, & Hickok45, among others including Cheryl & Danny Todd.
He’s been a speaker at the Gun Rights Policy Conference since 2016, presented at AMMcon since 2017, and hosted the Concealed Carry Fashion Shows around the country. Charlie spoke on the Supreme Court steps at Heller 10. The Second Amendment Foundation awarded Charlie the Defender of Liberty in 2017 and “Riding Shotgun With Charlie” as the Ray Carter Blogger of the Year in 2019…and he didn’t write a word!
Charlie has been a musician for over 30 years, an instrumental music teacher for over 20 years, a shooter for 14 years and a firearm instructor for 10 years. Several thousand students have enjoyed Charlie’s wit, charm, and humor in NRA courses, Utah courses and pepper spray courses.
You may have seen some of his #GunGram videos on YouTube or on the Second Amendment Foundation’s Facebook page. He plays the trumpet and shoots a gun in rhythm with the music. His humorous videos have recently gone viral with over 2 MILLION views!
Our guest today is Charlie Cook. Charlie is the host of Riding Shotgun With Charlie and the award winning “Blogger of the Year” who has gone viral with his #GunGram videos series where he plays the trumpet and shoots his gun at the same time and in rhythm to the music.
Charlie brings the fun to the topic of guns and recently attempted to break the world record for how many Pro-2A Advocates he could fit in a tiny rental car.
1) Let’s start right there – can you either confirm or deny whether you indeed broke that World Record?
2) You just posted your 100th episode of RSGWC. Tell us about this incredible journey – what were some highs and lows? Who was one of your most prized interviews? Did you ever have a road hazard? Get any traffic tickets?
3) Have I had any special guests recently? Besides the Florida Carry Clown Car Folks…
4) Did the 2020 lockdown/pandemic/virus affect keeping the show going?
5) How many shows have you done? How many states have you been to?
6) How often do you release shows?
7) Any upcoming trips or classes you’re taking this summer?