Tom Kubiniec, CEO of SecureIt Tactical, is the country’s leading authority on safe gun storage and armory design. He got involved in military weapon storage in 2001 while running a technology storage company in Southern California. That was when he was asked if his company could store MP5s in one of its high-security laptop cabinets.
For nearly two decades since, he has designed and built weapon storage systems for all branches of the U.S. military in all theaters of operation, as well as foreign military forces in South America and the Middle East.
Working with the U.S. Army Special Forces, Tom developed patented technology called CradleGrid™. This smart, three-part system comprises a grid that affixes to the back of a cabinet or safe and then individual “cradles” can be quickly and easily placed anywhere on the grid, without tools, to fit virtually any firearm.
In 2015, Tom expanded SecureIt from being solely a defense contractor into a rapidly growing retail brand with a focus on improving people’s lives by educating and making them safer and better prepared. His goal is to help gun owners to properly store, hide, transport and protect their guns.
Prior to starting SecureIt, Tom founded Greenline Data, a data storage and physical security products company, in 1995. Before that, he was a founding partner of JET Computer Products from 1987-1994.
CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO VERSION ON YOUTUBE
CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO VERSION ON GUNSTREAMER
We are doing a series called Ameri-CAN. Talking about the CAN-DO spirit that is part of our American DNA. So much about our lives has been turned upside down by this Corona Virus / Covid-19, and we have been hearing a lot about what we CAN’T do and where we CAN’T go, but our guests during this series are going to talk to us about their area of expertise and all of the ways we still CAN learn and grow, train, connect, and expand our freedoms in ways we maybe haven’t thought about before.
Our guest today is Tom Kubiniec. Tom is the CEO of SecureIt Tactical, which is the country’s leading authority on safe gun storage and armory design. In 2015, Tom expanded SecureIt from being solely a defense contractor into a rapidly growing retail brand with a focus on improving people’s lives by educating and making them safer and better prepared. His goal is to help gun owners to properly store, hide, transport and protect their guns.
1) Proactive Things Gun Owners Can Do During a Pandemic
2) Every safe has a “rating” – can you help us better understand what the ratings mean?
– The traditional gun safe is based on designs from the 1970s, to meet a 1970 threat level. The designs have not changed, but the threat level has.
3) So what would you advise gun owners to do to protect ourselves against modern threats?
4) With all of the new first-time gun owners, what can we in the “gun community” do to help our new friends to learn proper safety techniques.
5) You are a Storage Expert, but you have a lifetime of experience with firearms. Do you have any thougths on what kind of gun a first-time buyer looking for home safety and defense might consider?
6) Ok, so once someone has the best tool for their home, and the best storage system, what is the best way to make sure they are prepared and trained to quickly and calmly defend their family in the event of a break in or other crisis.
– regularly practice home defense.