Alga Evans is the Student Engagement Director for VCDL Avademy. Al has been involved in politics and community organizing for more than 10 years. Starting as a volunteer in the 2012 Presidential Election, he’s played an integral role in recruiting and organizing young conservatives.
Al has worked with Senator Rand Paul, Congressman Dave Brat, and organizations such as Young Americans for Liberty, Americans for Prosperity and Students for Life. Most recently, he was the Student Mobilization Director for the Family Foundation of Virginia, and is currently serving as National President of Youth Taking a S.T.A.N.D.
Al is a lifelong Virginian and proud graduate of Virginia Union University. When not trying to save the commonwealth, you can find Al tutoring students on history.
Philip Van Cleave has been the President of the Virginia Citizens Defense League since 2001.
Philip has been awarded CCRKBA’s Grassroots Activist of the Month in 2004 and Grassroots Activist of the Year in 2017. He served as a reserve deputy sheriff in Texas for 7 years, something that has helped him with his current position with VCDL.
He is an NRA instructor who also teaches Illinois and Utah concealed handgun permit classes. He spends time at the range almost every weekend and occasionally participates in handgun competitions. Philip has a love of the shooting sports and defending all of our Rights to do so now and into future generations.
CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO VERSION ON YOUTUBE
CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO VERSION ON GUNSTREAMER
Our guests today are Philip Van Cleave, who has been the President of the Virginia Citizens Defense League since 2001. And Alga Evans, the Student Engagement Director for VCDL Academy.
1) What is the VCDL Academy?
2) Young adults (colleges, universities, and high school) and the next generations will take their turn at steering the wheel of this nation, how do we reach them and encourage them to protect their right to keep and bear arms?
3) The Second Amendment is a non-political issue. However, nowadays politics play a huge role in both destroying and protecting our Bill of Rights. How do we use politics for good?
4) What is Practical Politics and who is it aimed at?
5) How do people support VCDL Academy and follow the work of the VCDL?