CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO VERSION ON YOUTUBE
CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO VERSION ON GUNSTREAMER
Our guest today is Sheriff Mark Lamb. Sheriff Lamb was elected as the 24th Sheriff of Pinal County to oversee an Arizona county the size of Connecticut.
As a constitutional conservative, Sheriff Lamb is a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights and the enforcement of all of our laws, and he is determined to protect the rights and freedoms of the people whom he serves.
1) Too many of us do not understand the role of a Sheriff and the important distinction that a Sheriff is not hired or appointed, but is elected by the people he or she serves. Can you talk to us about that?
2) We’ve been hearing a lot about something called The Citizens Posse Program. What is that and why has it been so popular with your constituents?
– The Citizens Posse Program offers a training course designed to show residents the reality of Police Work. In this four hour course, participants will learn the basics of constitutional law, search and seizure, basic firearm safety, home safety, and the use of force. There will also be an option to practice scenarios on our new virtual range with one of our instructors.
3) All over the nation people have given up or had taken from us too many freedoms to count during this past year of the Covid virus outbreak. This has taken a toll on individual lives in ways we aren’t hearing about in the National “news”, but officers see up close and personal. Can you elaborate on that for us?
– Unintended consequences of COVID lockdowns – the Sheriff’s office has seen a change in severity and frequency for suicide calls, domestic violence calls, and child abuse calls.
4) Somewhat related to the previous question, drug use is a way that people escape from reality. Drugs are often smuggled into the US at Border States like AZ. What are you seeing in the current drug smuggling trends?
– Fentanyl pills are the number one most intercepted drug right now. As a result, overdose rates from these counterfeit pills are also high. PCSO recently partnered with the AZ National Guard Civil Operations Unit to make overdose reversal drug narcan available for residents for free at three of our substations.
5) We hear quite often that law enforcement officers don’t want the public to have firearms. But you are outspoken in your support of the 2A. Talk to us about that.
6) And, you will be one of our Speakers at the 2021 Rally to Celebrate and Protect our 2A Rights on Saturday, February 20th at the AZ State Capitol from 10:am – 2:pm. Why do you think these kinds of gatherings are important?
7) If you had one thing you wanted to impart to the 8 million brand new first time gun owners across the US, what would it be?
8) You are also an author! Tell us about your new pair of books that you and your wife have authored. “American Sheriff: Traditional Values in a Modern World” & “The Sheriff’s Wife”.