AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and the writer and curator of Down Range with AWR Hawkins, a weekly newsletter focused on all things Second Amendment, also for Breitbart News. He is the political analyst/weekly guest for Armed American Radio and a Turning Point USA Ambassador.
He has a BA in History and a MA in U.S. History (focus on U.S. Civil War) from West Texas A&M University. He has a PhD in military history from Texas Tech University, where he focused particularly on the Vietnam War (brown water navy), U.S. Navy Since Inception, U.S. Civil War, and Early Modern Europe.
He also has an oral history collection of World War II POW interviews, the ‘AWR Hawkins Collection,’ at the Nimitz Museum of the Pacific War in Fredericksburg, Texas. You can follow AWR Hawkins on Instagram: @awr_hawkins. You can reach him at email@example.com or sign up to get Down Range at breitbart.com/downrange.
CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO VERSION ON YOUTUBE
CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO VERSION ON GUNSTREAMER
Our guest today is AWR Hawkins. AWR is an award-winning journalist at Breitbart News, and also serves as the Political Analyst for Armed American Radio.
AWR has a Master’s Degree in U.S. History from West Texas A&M University and a PhD in Military History from Texas Tech University.
1) You are a student of History. This gives you a unique perspective on the craziness of the year just past. We have sacrificed individual freedoms and liberties in the name of “safety” too many times to count. How do you think History will judge us when our grandchildren look back on 2020?
2) What are some of the challenges that face our 2A rights in 2021? Are they the same as before? Or is there something in particular that needs extra effort and attention focused on it?
3) You will be one of our Speakers at the 2021 Rally to Celebrate and Protect our 2A Rights on Saturday, February 20th at the AZ State Capitol from 10:am – 2:pm. Why do you think these kinds of gatherings are important?
4) If you had one thing you wanted to impart to the 8 million brand new first time gun owners across the US, what would it be?
5) How do people follow you?