Trampas Swanson is a NRA & USCCA Firearms Instructor, USCCA Training Counselor and the co-founder of the Swanson Training Group located just outside Jacksonville, FL. Trampas is a former Deputy Sheriff in which he served as a SWAT sniper, as well as patrol supervisor, narcotics and investigations experience for almost 12 years before taking early retirement.
Now, father of two young daughters, Trampas and his wife, Candace (also an NRA & USCCA Instructor) volunteer their free time to the national not for profit organization, The Well Armed Woman both nationally and their home State of Florida in Feb of 2013. They now assist over 700 ladies statewide. Aside from teaching, Trampas is a published writer and Deputy Editor of the Private Military Contractor International Magazine.
Trampas also owns Legacy Coin Company. In January of 2017, Legacy Coin Company was taken under the Swanson Armory, LLC umbrella and relocated under new ownership (also former law enforcement) to Jacksonville, Florida.
CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO VERSION ON YOUTUBE
CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO VERSION ON GUNSTREAMER
Our guest today is Trampas Swanson. Trampas is the Lead Instructor of Swanson Training Group and Deputy Editor of Private Military Contractor Magazine.
Trampas is a NRA & USCCA Firearms Instructor, USCCA Training Counselor and is a former Deputy Sheriff in which he served as a SWAT sniper.
Now, father of two young daughters, Trampas and his wife, Candace (also an NRA & USCCA Instructor) volunteer their free time to the national not for profit organization, The Well Armed Woman in FL where they assist over 700 ladies statewide.
1) Situational awareness is always one our best self-defense tools, but perhaps nowadays even more so, with all of the pop-up violence from civil and political unrest across the nation. What can we be doing to enhance our awareness of the potential for danger in our surroundings?
2) What has been your experience of how Covid is impacting the gun industry?
3) Raising kids in a 2A environment and empowering children with knowledge and training seems like a no-brainer for you and I. How can we help others better understand the importance of these concepts?
4) 2020 has brought us millions of first time gun owners. How is the training industry working to develop instructors to meet those rising needs?
5) Tell us about your online outreach program monthly via Swanson Training Group (STG) and your local USCCA rep, Dan Tonto to bring folks across the US a free one hour webinar with hosts from the Gun and Training Industry as subject matter experts to talk about home defense, gun safety, proper mindset, etc.