Adrianna Eschete is Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Instructor, The Well Armed Woman Certified Instructor, The Well Armed Woman Louisiana State Leader, Leader of the Bayou Region Chapter of The Well Armed Woman, and a LSP Approved CHL Instructor.
In her own words: ” I am a registered architect in the states of Louisiana and Texas, a US Green Building Council LEED Accredited Professional, and certified as a LSUCCC Third Party Plan Reviewer. I am also the wife of Guido, a step-mom to Drew (19), and a mom to Gianna (4). I am a Brazilian/American and speak Portuguese fluently.
My interest in shooting began after meeting my husband. His mother was a gunsmith and a distinguished marksman, as was his older brother. My experience began in the hunting world so that I had something in common with my stepson, who was a member of Terrebonne Parish’s YHEC, competing nationally. I really didn’t expect to like it so much.
In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, my work led me to places where I felt the need to carry. So, my training began and through that training, I began to search for a platform for woman-to-woman instruction. I found TWAW and decided to start a local chapter. Through leading a large chapter, I have sought more training and education for myself and to share with our members.
Over the past 3 years, I have had the joy of educating women and men of all ages in safely handling firearms. I have enjoyed many travel opportunities and meeting many new people through the shooting sports. I have also seen so many families bond through enjoying the shooting sports and watched many people gain self-confidence through challenging their skills individually and with one another. Recently, I had the pleasure of co-hosting a regional TWAW event with Kim Condon in Mississippi which included members from chapters of 5 states. The experience was unforgettable!
When introduced to The DC Project, I thought it was a great opportunity to connect with fellow firearm enthusiasts and work together with them to inform our federal legislators of our cause. For me, education is the key to safe firearm handling as well as preserving the sport for generations to come.”
Chris Bird has been a journalist for 35 years and a handgun shooter for more than 50. He was born in England and his interest in shooting has steered him through the bureaucratic red tape of owning handguns in England, Canada, Australia and the United States. As a commissioned officer in the Royal Military Police of the British Army in the 1960s, Bird was stationed in Berlin, West Germany, and Belgium, serving as company weapon-training officer and winning awards for shooting in competition. After leaving the military, Chris became a journalist and worked as a crime and investigative reporter in both Vancouver & Texas…and with that kind of background and experience he has a unique voice when it comes to our topic today and the fears we face as news of jihad being waged in Paris and San Bernardino. We met Chris at the 2015 Second Amendment Foundation Gun Rights Policy Conference (GRPC).
Kim Condon is the DC Project Delegate from Mississippi, a small business owner, and an NRA Certified Instructor.
Kim describes herself as just an average US citizen who is passionate about her Freedoms to provide safety for herself and her family. Kim dreams BIG, but more importantly makes her dreams a reality. Kim is very active in her small town of Clinton, Mississippi where she is involved with the executive board of the Clinton Chamber of Commerce while owning and operating (2) businesses. She’s a Licensed Esthetician, a Certified NRA/TWAW firearms instructor and has recently been chosen as one of Mississippi’s 50 Leading Business Women for 2016.
Along with her husband; Mark, they built a 3 million dollar firearms training facility in Raymond Mississippi called Boondocks Firearms Training Academy. Kim says this is where the magic happens. At the Boondocks, they have on staff a General manager, an Operations manager, 3 fulltime pro-shop staff members and over a dozen certified training instructors. Kim believes that if you provide a safe, non-intimidating environment for “Harry and Henrietta” homeowner to become proficient with their firearm- they will come and that they do. The classes they offer are consistently full, which tells them they share the same concerns that most people do… To feel SAFE in this crazy thing called life!
Boondocks Firearms Training Academy has been open since May 2015. Kim and Mark have been amazed at how supportive the community has been and that the dream is now a reality and so much more! Kim offers a local chapter of The Well Armed Woman at the Boondocks. This provides a monthly networking event where females and firearms come together. Her chapter consists of 70 members, which she has had to cut off her membership at this time- to keep the meetings safe and effective.
Ashley Hlebinsky is the Robert W. Woodruff Curator of the Cody Firearms Museum at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. Hlebinsky is the first female firearm curator at the most prestigious firearms museum in the United States. She hails from the East Coast, where she received her Master’s Degree in American history – studying the perception of firearms in culture. After three years at the Smithsonian Institution’s National Firearms Collection, she moved to Cody, WY.
In addition to her duties as curator, Hlebinsky is a firearms consultant (for both museums and firearms manufacturers), freelance writer, NRA Certified firearms instructor, international lecturer, and on-camera firearms historian. In 2017, she was awarded the prestigious NSSF/POMA Grits Gresham Shooting Sports Communicator of the Year Award.
Chris Wagoner is a U.S. Army Veteran and 35+ year veteran Law Enforcement officer who is in charge of training at a large police academy in North Florida. He writes on subjects including Firearms Rights, Constitutional issues and law enforcement topics which have been published by Fox News, OpsLens.com, Lifezette.com and many more.
Chris also publishes his articles at his own website “Down Range with Chris Wagoner” at chriswagoner.com. He is an ardent supporter of Citizens rights to self-defense and firearms ownership and carry.
You can follow Chris on Twitter @downrangewithcw, Instagram at “chriswagonerleo”, and on Facebook at “facebook.com/Chriswagonerfirearmsinstructor”.
Theme: Do-ers Do To Get Stuff Done
Hour #1 Guests:
– Adrianna Eschete – Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Instructor, The Well Armed Woman Certified Instructor, The Well Armed Woman Louisiana State Leader, and the Louisianna DC Project Delegate.
– Kim Condon – the DC Project Delegate from Mississippi, an NRA Certified Instructor, founder and owner of Boondocks Firearms Training Academy™, located in Raymond Mississippi. And both of these ladies recently participated in The Well Armed Woman Mid-South Purple PowWow!
– Chris Bird – a former British Army officer with service in the Royal Military Police and author of Surviving a Mass Killer Rampage: When Seconds Count, Police Are Still Minutes Away. Chris recently wrote an article published in the Washington Times about “How vigilant Americans can thwart aggressors and fight terrorism”
Hour #2 Guests:
– Chris Wagoner – OpsLens Contributor and U.S. Army Veteran. He has been in law enforcement the last 35+ years. He specializes in LE Firearms Instruction and is in charge of a large Police Academy in North Florida.We are going to ask Chris about some of his latest articles which include one on Florida’s fight for gun rights that is currently failing miserably, even though FL has the largest number of CCWs of all the states. What is up with that?
– Ashley Hlebinsky – the Robert W. Woodruff Curator of the Cody Firearms Museum at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. Hlebinsky is the first female firearm curator at the most prestigious firearms museum in the United States, and she was recently awarded the prestigious NSSF/POMA Grits Gresham Shooting Sports Communicator of the Year Award! And among her many talents is trying to figure out how to create Politically Correct gun displays in museums – stick around for that!
Responsibly Armed Citizen Report
Special Offers for GFR Listeners:
Use this link to get the 10% discount on your next Concealment Solutions Holster, and use the coupon code SDRN at check out!
Enjoy $15 off the regular annual membership, normally $75 at The Shooters Club Membership site where you will find over 60 instructional videos and audio podcasts to learn from Bob Mayne and Ben Branam!