Becky Yackley has been shooting competitively for over 25 years. Her background ranges from high power service rifle to collegiate air rifle and air pistol, summer biathlon, Palma rifle, USPSA, and 3-gun. Becky was on the 2015 USA Ladies Standard Team for the IPSC Shotgun World Shoot. She also finished 3rd Lady in Production Division at the 2015 Bianchi Cup. When she isn’t shooting, Becky is busy with her camera and her work can be seen in Outdoor Life, Shot Business, NRA magazines, and various industry publications. She is writing two series for Guns America – one on kids and guns, one on competition shooting. This year she will be on the TV Show, The Big Gun, on the Sportsman Channel, and have appearances on Shootout Lane and NRA All Access, and USA Shooting.
She is heading up two junior 3 gun camps, under the title of 2A Heritage, that will take place in June and July.
She also shoots with her husband and 3 boys, shortened up to The Yackley Five; Mark, Becky, Tim, Sean, and Andrew. This family of shooters is no stranger to 3-Gun competitions, having competed all over the country.
Her husband Mark has been competing in various shooting sports for the last 25 years. His background varies from All-American in collegiate air pistol, years shooting smallbore, air rifle, high power, USPSA, and 3-gun. Mark is with the Wisconsin State Patrol where he works as a state trooper and as a firearms instructor, and his other job is with the Marine Corps.
Their eldest, Tim, is nearly 17 years old and has been shooting competitively for the last three years. He has competed in USPSA, 3-gun, Palma Rifle, practical shotgun, and multi-gun events. He is the current junior National Champion for The Bianchi Cup and is on the USA Junior Team for the IPSC Shotgun World Shoot in Italy. Tim’s smooth and clean shooting style has earned him overall match win at Blue Ridge Mountain 3 Gun, and a spot in the Pro Series where he advanced last week to the shoot off in October for $50k.
Jennifer Barber retired from broadcast news as an award-winning consumer investigations producer to become a stay-at-home mom in 2003. Settling in the West Valley of Phoenix, Arizona, Barber led the effort to help the City of Goodyear win the All-America City award in 2008. Since then, she’s co-founded a nonprofit organization, served on the Goodyear City Council, and now manages social media and websites for various organizations as CEO of News2JB Creative Services, LLC. In her free time, she’s co-founded and serves as chapter leader of the Southwest Valley, Az Shooting Chapter of The Well Armed Woman, LLC, is a certified instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim®, is a certified Range Safety Officer, and volunteers to bring the Eddie Eagle GunSafe® program to children in Arizona.
Vicki Kawelmacher is a strong supporter of the Constitution and protecting our rights to protect ourselves. She values her family, her freedom, her rights and her safety. Vicki’s story and her messages are not about what she does; they have become who she is. Her goal is to teach women and men the art of developing a personal safety plan to help minimize ones chances of becoming a statistic.
What propelled Vicki to become a staunch supporter of personal safety was a series of events that began in 2004. Vicki and her husband were accosted while sitting on a beach. In 2007, their 10-year old daughter barely escaped an abduction in their ‘kid-friendly’ neighborhood. In 2008, their 28-year old son was a victim of a home invasion he barely survived. Were these incidents sheer coincidences or signs of a calling?
In January 2008, Vicki founded the Women’s Shooting Academy (WSA) in Reno, Nevada. Several years later Vicki went on and founded the Women’s Safety Academy, realizing the need to expand her services and message. Vicki and her colleagues have trained thousands of women and each one has a personal story of how their safety was compromised, but after taking the classes they now feel empowered.
Vicki hopes to foster the warrior within every woman and teach them the gift of self-preservation. WSA continues to garner wide interest from the media and has plans to become the premiere training academy for the entire western United States.
Vicki likes to call herself a pretty simple gal. Vicki enjoys life and the people that she chooses to share it with. Vicki is happily married to a guy named Tim…they do life well together. Her children mean the world to her and are a huge driving force to all she does.
Vicki has also spearheaded a new non-profit organization called HELP ME HELP HER. With HMHR Vicki travels the county partnering with organizations and businesses offering FREE safety training seminars, weekend retreats, speaking events and so much more!
Vicki likes to say: “One woman can make a difference; many women can start a movement” and “Don’t say you can’t or you won’t”
Cassie Todd-Jameson is the Daughter of our hosts, Dan & Cheryl Todd! She is also the manager of Pot of Gold Auctions and handles all of the Social Media for AZFirearms, Pot of Gold Auctions and Gun Freedom Radio! Cassie is married to Jason Jameson and has a beautiful daughter, Raelynn! She has grown up around firearms and understands the importance of the second amendment as well as gun safety with having a child in the house.
The NRA Eddie Eagle program is an integral part of her family’s gun safety and education plan.
Cyndee Harding, owner and designer of Cyndee’s Conceal Carry purses.
Cyndee has created the “perfect” conceal carry purse that is the safest and most secure way to carry in a chic functional purse,(Made in USA). As a certified NRA pistol instructor, she trains women that have little to no experience or have had a negative experience, in an environment where they can feel comfortable and confident in handling a firearm. She promotes personal safety and situation awareness through a one hour presentation (Cellphones, Flashlights and Bullets). In the presentation, she teaches strategies and tips for safety and awareness in public, home and workplace. For over 10 years, Cyndee has been a CCW holder and spent countless hours of training in defensive pistol. She is a certified instructor for “Refuse to be a Victim”, member of NRA, The Well Armed Women and Arizona Women’s Shooting Association.
From Cyndee: “I have been developing and manufacturing my purse line for three years. In the process I have taken classes and received certifications in different areas of personal safety and situation awareness. There is a hug gap between the average citizen and a CCW permit holder as far as awareness. There are so many ways that we can be safe and aware of our surroundings, that is why I launched “Not Your Victim“. This is a series of classes that address how to be safe in public, at home and in the workplace. My objective is to teach people how to say, “Move along, I am not your victim, today”. This is possible through verbal and non verbal communication, we just need to know how. I teach the principle, “Your body can no do what your mind has never considered”. Now is the time to consider our personal safety.”
Kate Krueger is a shooter and competitor, firearms instructor, podcaster, writer and patriot with a strong martial arts background. She is a former radio show host of “Talking Guns” that has been featured in National Review, Politico, Shooting Industry, Outdoor Channel and numerous publications. She has also served as a speaker at NSSF SHOT Show and local venues.
In 1992 she ran for US Senate in NH as a Libertarian candidate and remains a staunch Constitutional Conservative who believes in a smaller, less intrusive government that is fiscally responsible.
You can still find Miss Kate “Talking Guns” on her website, blogspot, Facebook page and as special guests on shows like Gun Freedom Radio!
Theme: Mother’s Day Edition
– Jen Barber – Chapter Leader of the Southwest Valley, Az Shooting Chapter of The Well Armed Woman, LLC, is a certified instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim®, is a certified Range Safety Officer, and volunteers to bring the Eddie Eagle GunSafe® program to children in Arizona. (Mom of 1 teen girl).
– Vicki Kawelmacher – a supporter of campus carry and founder of the Women’s Shooting Academy (WSA) & Help Me Help Her in Reno, Nevada. (Mom of 6 children in a blended family, “Gun-Mother” & “Eternal Mother” to many!)
– Becky Yackley – The “Mom” of The Yackley Five; Mark, Becky, Tim, Sean, and Andrew. This family of shooters is competes in 3-Gun competitions all over the country. Becky also heads up Junior Camps and has two lined up this summer. (Mom of three boys)
– Cyndee Harding – owner and designer of Cyndee’s Conceal Carry purses. Cyndee has created the “perfect” conceal carry purse that is the safest and most secure way to carry in a chic functional purse,(Made in USA). Gift idea…maybe? (Mom of 2 grown children)
– Kate Kreuger – Kate Krueger is a shooter and competitor, firearms instructor, podcaster, writer and patriot with a strong martial arts background. She is a former radio show host that has been featured in National Review, Politico, Shooting Industry, Outdoor Channel and numerous publications and served as a panel member at NSSF Shot Show 2014 “Marketing to Women”. In 1992 she ran for US Senate in NH as a Libertarian candidate and today she is a staunch Constitutional Conservative and believes in a smaller, less intrusive government that is fiscally responsible and speaks to that at local events and groups. (Mom of 6, Grandma of a BUNCH!)
– Cassie Todd-Jameson – Cassie Todd-Jameson is the Daughter of our hosts, Dan & Cheryl Todd! She is also the manager of Pot of Gold Auctions and handles all of the Social Media for AZFirearms, Pot of Gold Auctions and Gun Freedom Radio! She is married to Jason Jameson and has a beautiful daughter, Raelynn! She has grown up around firearms and understands the importance of the second amendment as well as gun safety with having a child in the house. (Mom of 1 toddler and older cousin of several – someone people have looked to for advice and guidance over the years)
Responsibly Armed Citizen Report
Dan’s Tip Of The Week